Starberry Acres is a premier 70 acre riding & training stable for hunter/jumper & dressage performance horses in a family friendly atmosphere. We offer full service/training board at our new facility convenient to Duke, UNC, Elon, NCSU at new state of the art facility just off I-40. Bring your horse or lease one of ours.
- Outdoor arena that measures 150’ x 250′ with a full course of jumps
- Covered arena that measures 120’ x 200’ attached to the main barn through a breezeway
- Newly built custom barn with climate controlled lounge and meeting space overlooking the covered arena
- Large climate controlled tack room with tack lockers
- Full bathroom with shower
- Large laundry room
- The stalls in the main barn have individual patios
- Multiple grooming stalls and wash stalls
- High velocity fans and Shoo-Fly system in the main barn
- Numerous turnout fields for small groups
BOARDING AT STARBERRY
Find the Best Boarding Option for Your Horse Or Pony
Horses and ponies in training board are located in the main barn which features 12′ x 12′ stalls, three 12′ x 15′ stalls and a 12′ x 19′ stall. Horses have access to turn out patios as well as daily pasture turnout (weather permitting). The main barn has two grooming stalls and two wash stalls, along with Shoo-Fly and high velocity fan systems. It also includes a climate controlled laundry room, lounge with view into covered arena, tack room, and full bathroom with shower. There is a lounge and meeting space that overlook the covered arena, and a breezeway that leads from the covered arena to the barn.
Farm board allows horses and ponies to live out full-time as a pasture board option, and have access to a stall with attached paddocks and pastures in small detached four stall barns. The barns have fans in the summer and heated water buckets in the winter. Riders can enjoy the use of the covered and outdoor arenas and miles of trails.
THE STARBERRY ACRES TEAM
Kristina Berly – Owner
Kristina is now living her dream of owning a horse farm open to the public. Her vision is to offer a sport performance focused farm. She seeks to create a facility that allows freedom of movement for equine advanced healing. Her objective is to work closely with owners, veterinarians and trainers to leverage state of the art modalities optimizing equine residents’ performance.
As co-founder of Equine Solutions (a 501c3) her facility hosts programs to work with children with educational and cognitive challenges and provide support to families of cancer patients. Equine Solutions has plans to expand their equine assisted activities into other areas as well. Suitable retired equine residents who seek a second interactive career will have the opportunity to participate in these programs.
Kristina worked with Cisco Systems, Inc. for 15+ years in both engineering and program management/business development. This brings a unique and integrative perspective to managing the equine/human equation.
Kristina’s breadth of equine experience includes trail riding all over North Carolina, Virginia and South Carolina mountains to coast, team roping and barrel racing. Her personal focus is advancing her horsemanship skills via the highest expression of horse training, dressage. Kristina has 26 years of equine experience.
Kristina’s credentials include:
- Equine Sports Massage certified therapist with Equissage
- EAGALA Equine Facilitator trained
- Instructor in Training with PATH International
- 4H Leader
Beverly Burnette – Head Trainer
Horsemanship has been a constant part of Beverly Burnette’s life. She grew up with dressage and combined training as a core to be developed further and began reaching out to help fellow riders and their horses reach for their maximum potential.
Beverly’s Credentials Include:
- While attending Averett University, she sucessfully competed in Intercollegiate Horse Show Association shows and competed on a successful ANARC team as well.
- Forty+ years of horsemanship experience accompany Beverly every moment as she works. She has helped new riders and horses on up to Medal and Maclay training levels.
- In addition to all the training she does, Beverly has been judging at local shows since 1980 and continues to do so.
- Practical Horseman magazine prominently featured Beverly in their April 1998 issue, where she discusses her views on riding and training as well as giving us a glimpse into how she works.
- Also that year, Beverly had the pleasure of being named the North Carolina Hunter Jumper Association Horsewoman of the year.
- Beverly is also a co-founder of Equine Solutions, a not for profit organization which uses horses on the ground for the purpose of improving mental health and quality of life issues for all people using the EAGALA Model.
- Beverly has had a wealth of experience and training that makes her extremely qualified to help others become better riders and develop closer relationships with their horses. Her educational qualifications include:
- BS in Physical Education/Horsemanship from Averett University, 1978
- British Horse Society’s Assistant Instructor’s Certification from the United Kingdom, 1978
- Level 1 Certification from Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association, 2003-present
Katie Wright – Assistant Trainer/Rider
With fifty years of combined experience in the Equine industry, Dale and Katie Wright bring a wealth of knowledge to Greystone Farm, where they have been based for the past 11 years. During their time spent as professionals Dale and Katie have coached countless riders to ribbons at horse shows all over the country. Their students are regular fixtures at the major National finals, such as — USEF Pony Finals, the ASPCA Maclay Finals and the — USEF Medal Finals. The majority of these students have been trained by Dale and Katie from the ground up, often on horses and ponies produced by them from the ground up.
With a strong emphasis in their teaching and riding on flatwork and correct basics, horsemanship and perfect practice, Dale and Katie have created a winning program.
Emme Johnston – Dressage Trainer
Emme Johnston is a dressage trainer and instructor based in Chapel Hill, NC. She is a USDF Bronze and Silver Medalist and USDF Certified Instructor through Second Level. Emme graduated from Mount Holyoke College (South Hadley, MA) in 2010, and while she was there won National Championships in both Intercollegiate Hunt Seat Equitation and Dressage. She has earned several NCDCTA Horse of the Year awards and has been selected to ride in multiple NCDCTA symposiums. Emme enjoys working with horses and riders of all ages and levels and strives to improve harmony and strength of horse and rider through the fundamentals of classical dressage training.
Seth Berly – Barn Manager
The barn manager at Starberry Acres, Seth Berly, has a lifetime of experience with the care and maintenance of equine athletes. Seth enjoys working with clients to find the best turnout schedule, feeding program and overall care of each horse or pony. Our boarders, staff and horses all enjoy his warm and trustworthy demeanor, and find him to be an integral part of the Starberry team.
LESSONS AT STARBERRY
Group and private lessons are available with our hunter/jumper and dressage instructors. Students have access to our large covered arena and outdoor arena with a full course of jumps.
Please contact us for more information.